Medicine Buddha Healing Course - Part 2
Time & Location
About the Event
The course is for buddhist practitioners who wish to apply buddhist mind training in healing of oneself and others. Participants will receive Vajrasattva and Medicine Buddha empowerments, and learn to cultivate great compassion and the mind of enlightenment as inner qualities.
Through this course one learns to let go of the self-grasping mind of delusion, attachment, and anger. As a result, one develops realisation of the nature of mind, and learn to condition one’s body-speech-mind to be just like that of healer Medicine Buddha, in order to benefit all sentient beings.
This course is taught in two parts.
- Further work on special insight meditation: precious human life; impermanence; karmic effects of non-virtuous actions; faults of samsara; taking refuge in three jewels, great compassion and bodhichitta, and emptiness.
- How to give advice to people suffering mental stress, fears and depression.
- Engaging mindfulness and guarding alertness to overcome self-grasping mind, desire and anger.
- Introduction to meditation on self-generation of deities and introduction to training of completion stage with chakras and channels.
Main Reference Books
Lama Tsong Khapa:
- The Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment (Lam Rim Chen Mo);
- Three principal aspects of the path;
- The harmony of emptiness and dependent-arising;
His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama:
- The four noble truths;
- Stages of Meditation: training the mind for wisdom;
- Activating Bodhichita and a meditation on compassion.
- A guide to the Bodhisattva’s way of life