Fri, 02 Apr|
Medicine Buddha Meditation Centre
Sound Healing Course - Level 1 + 2
An immersive five day Sound Healing Course with Lama Tendar
Time & Location
02 Apr 2021, 9:00 am – 06 Apr 2021, 5:00 pm
Medicine Buddha Meditation Centre, 132 Kars St, Frankston South VIC 3199, Australia
About the Event
Sound Healing Course - Level 1 & 2
DATE: 2 - 6 APRIL 2021
TIME: 9 - 5
Lunch provided everyday
In Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy, the origin of “Life” is sound and light. Beneath the surface, everyone of us is composed of frequencies and vibrations. Lama Tendar will teach the sacred sound of mantras and Tibetan singing bowls that leads the listeners to a satisfying state of deep relaxation and wellbeing.
The unique power of the Tibetan Buddhism is based on Dharma or Buddha’s teaching of sutra and tantra. Sound is wisdom and vibration is compassion. Lama Tendar teaches the principle of healing as the wisdom of recognising afflictive mental sufferings and its causes.
Through wisdom teaching one learns how to develop inner qualities of wisdom and compassion as antidotes to overcome mental afflictions. Such inner quality is the foundation of generating pure sound that calms coarse level mental afflictions and brings the mind to a state of tranquillity. Such calmer state of mind is more suitable to conduct correct observation and therefore develop wise behaviour patterns that leads to true happiness.
In level 1/2, Lama Tendar will teach:
- How to live a meaningful life in this precious human rebirth
- How to recognise the symptoms of coarse-level mental sufferings and understand their causes - mental afflictions and/or destructive emotions.
- Learn and practice in an authentic way the sacred mantras and meditation of Medicine Buddha, Vajrasattva, Manjushri, Avalokiteshvara and Tara from Lama Tendar.
- From the inner qualities of compassion and wisdom developed from these deity practices, one learns to generate pure sound for healing.
- Learn in an authentic way to play Tibetan sound instruments including gongs, singing bowls, cymbals, and bell and dorje with mudras.
- Learn to conduct guided healing meditation with sound and mantras for the healing of self and others.
Lunch is provided every day with vegan / vegetarian options, we invite you to bring a plate of food to share for morning or afternoon tea. Kitchen facilities are available.
A certificate of completion will be offered on the final day. Kata and envelopes are available for blessings and offerings to Lama Tendar. You can also make an offering to Lama Tendar via the 'donate' page or via direct bank transfer.
Accommodation is available at the Medicine Buddha Centre, contact us to enquire, bookings are essential.
Secure your place by paying a deposit or the full ticket price, the balance must be paid in full prior to the commencement date.
This course is not available online via Zoom.
- Ticket type
Full Payment - SHC 1+2
5 Day Sound Healing Course with Lama TendarPrice$1,200.00
- Ticket type
Deposit - SHC 1+2
Pay the deposit to secure your place in the Sound Healing Course Level 1& 2Price$300.00
+$7.50 service fee+$7.50 service fee